Tech Mahindra forms JV with Saudi Arabia's Midad Holding

Tags: News
Tech Mahindra today said it has formed a joint venture with Midad Holding to provide IT and ITeS solutions in Saudi Arabia.

Midad will hold 51 per cent stake in the JV firm (to be called Tech Mahindra Arabia), while Tech Mahindra will hold the remaining 49 per cent share.

"Headquartered in Al Khobar, Tech Mahindra Arabia will also have a presence across major cities in Saudi Arabia and will be functional post the regulatory approvals," Tech Mahindra said in a statement.

Midad Holding is a subsidiary of Al Fozan, a diversified business group.

"Saudi Arabia has been a focus market for Tech Mahindra and we are excited about the economic potential the region has. This JV will establish the company as a leading player in providing IT and ITeS solutions," Tech Mahindra Managing Director and CEO C P Gurnani said.

Additionally, it will also provide exciting career opportunities in the Saudi region, he added.

Tech Mahindra, which has a presence in the region since 2006, offers services to customers across verticals like telecom, public sector, oil and gas, petrochemicals, utilities, manufacturing and BFSI.

The solutions will provide services in the areas of consulting, application development and management, network services, integration, engineering, managed services, remote infrastructure management, operational and maintenance services and BPO, it said.

"The purpose of the JV is to leverage Tech Mahindra's global expertise in IT while maximising local content," Midad Holding Managing Director and CEO Mohammed Al Baadi said.

Post new comment

E-mail ID will not be published
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

EDITORIAL OF THE DAY

  • India would have done well not to supress the 'Bofors interview'

    Bofors is one case that refuses to go away two-and-half decades after it grabbed public attention and became a byword for political corruption, claimi

FC NEWSLETTER

Stay informed on our latest news!

INTERVIEWS

Sarthak Raychaudhuri

vice-president, HR, Asia South Whirlpool of India

GV Nageswara Rao

MD & CEO, IDBI Federal Life

Timothy Moe

Goldman Sachs

TODAY'S COLUMNS

Varun Dutt

Biogas Potential in India

Biogas is a form of renewable energy produced from organic ...

Zehra Naqvi

Dignity of labour is dignity of life

M Rafi Khan, a retired police IG, used to ...

Gautam Gupta

Retailers have it tough, thanks to e-commerce

For the past few months our focus has been on ...

INTERVIEWS

William D. Green

Chairman & CEO, Accenture