SBI Life Insurance appoints Arijit Basu as MD, CEO

Tags: News
SBI Life Insurance today said it has appointed Arijit Basu as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer.

Basu has held several key positions in various circles of State Bank of India including the Bank's office at Tokyo. He has also served as General Manager at the Bank's Mumbai circle and the mid corporate group at Ahmedabad as well as the Financial Institutions Group, International Banking at corporate centre, Mumbai.

His last assignment was chief general manager of the Delhi circle.

"The key focus for SBI Life Insurance would be to further tap the immense potential in the market and reach out to millions of Indians who do not have a risk cover," Basu said.

SBI Life Insurance is a joint venture between State Bank of India and BNP Paribas Cardif. SBI owns 74 per cent of the total capital and BNP Paribas Cardif the remaining 26 per cent.

Post new comment

E-mail ID will not be published
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

EDITORIAL OF THE DAY

  • Sebi needs to plug the one-day window for price manipulation ahead of OFS

    The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) is reportedly planning to change the rules governing the announcement of details on offer for sale (

FC NEWSLETTER

Stay informed on our latest news!

INTERVIEWS

Sarthak Raychaudhuri

vice-president, HR, Asia South Whirlpool of India

GV Nageswara Rao

MD & CEO, IDBI Federal Life

Timothy Moe

Goldman Sachs

TODAY'S COLUMNS

Urs Schoettli

China looks to India for balance

Almost a third of the total world population lives in ...

Zehra Naqvi

Love and its stories

People must have bread. They can live without stories. No, Hameeda, ...

Dharmendra Khandal

Tiger in urban landscape

Ranthambhore is in a no-win situation. Just a few days ...

INTERVIEWS

William D. Green

Chairman & CEO, Accenture