Pharmexcil to Represent India Pavilion at Arab Health 2013 in Dubai
|This is a media release from Arab Health|
Arab Health Exhibition & Congress is the second largest healthcare event in the world, the largest in the Middle East. Established 38 years ago, Arab Health provides a platform for the world’s leading manufacturers, wholesalers and distributors to meet the medical and scientific community in the Middle East and subcontinent. Arab Health, organised by Informa Life Sciences Exhibitions, takes place from 28-31 January 2013 at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre. With more than 3500 exhibiting companies from 32 countries, and 18 CME accredited medical conferences, Arab Health is a much anticipated addition to the 2013 medical event calendar in the Middle East and subcontinent region.
Today, India’s pharmaceutical industry is known as the “Global pharmacy of the world”. India offers almost every product which has gone off patent and is a global market leader in the export of generic drugs to countries such as the United States and Japan, as well as to countries in Africa and Europe.
Indian firms manufactured products for nearly 60,000 generic brands, covering 60 key therapeutic areas. Approximately 80 % of this domestic production consisted of formulations, while the remaining 20 % comprised bulk drugs. India accounts for almost 10% of global drug production by volume and is increasingly focusing on indigenous R&D. There are about 3,000 pharmaceutical manufacturers, with over 10,500 units, the vast majority of which focus on generic drugs. India is home to 250 large manufacturers, and the domestic drug industry employs a workforce of approximately 460,000 people.
Representing Pharmexcil at Arab Health 2013 Dr. P V Appaji, Director General, Pharmaceuticals Export Promotions Council of India, said “Amid global economic concerns, the Indian pharmaceutical industry is bullish with a steep growth target. Within the pharmaceutical sector, India is one of the top five generic exporters of the world and maintains a positive trade balance. This is the seventh year for the council to take part at the prestigious Arab Health event. Indian companies are very aware of the market potential in the Middle East and they will showcase a unique variety of high-tech and innovative products, aiming to expand their business in the Middle East region.”
Companies such as Ascent Healthcare, Adroit Manufacturing Co, Dr. Surgicals, Lab Care Diagnostics (I) PVT LTD, and approx. 70 other healthcare and pharmaceutical companies from India will be exhibiting at Arab Health this year.
According to Mr. Simon Page, Managing Director – Informa Life Sciences Exhibitions, “As a global exhibitions organiser, we are seeing very buoyant growth in emerging market territories where trade shows continue to be a major source of buyer and seller interaction. Multinationals are expected to expand extensively into the Indian pharmaceutical markets - by as high as 60.0 per cent by 2015 - through acquisitions, which will gradually enable the Indian companies to gain a foothold in the Western regulated markets.
Arab Health 2013 is one of the major International exhibitions for surgical, hospital, medical equipment and pharmaceuticals. It offers important opportunities to build relations within the industry, to showcase progress and achievement in the field and to explore new opportunities with stakeholders in the healthcare field. This year more than 200 new exhibitors will bring the total to almost 3500 from 63 countries across the globe.
The trade show is followed by The Arab Heath Innovation & Achievement Awards which continues to draw hundreds of nominations from healthcare facilities and individuals across the region. The 2013 Arab Health Awards ceremony will take place on 29 January in Dubai, UAE
For more information about the Arab Health Exhibition and Congress, please visit www.arabhealthonline.com or call +971 4 407 2743.