About Financial Chronicle
Financial Chronicle (FC), from the Hyderabad-based Deccan Chronicle Holdings Ltd (DCHL: NSE/BSE: estd. 1938) was launched on 16 April, 2008, by India’s youngest team of media professionals, and in the shortest-ever run-up for a newspaper. Financial Chronicle is edited by Shubhrangshu Roy (email:firstname.lastname@example.org) who is Chief Operating Editor and Editor-in-chief of the FC brand.
At launch, FC (e-paper) was published from Hyderabad and Chennai. The launch of the e-paper on the midnight of 15 April, 2008, preceded the print distribution of the broadsheet newspaper on the 16th morning. FC was subsequently launched from Bangalore on 25 May, 2008, Mumbai on 20 June, 2008, and Delhi on 14 April, 2009. International Herald Tribune (IHT) from the New York Times Co, (NYTCo.) joined FC as partner with the Mumbai launch with a daily four-page IHT World Business supplement incorporating news, features and analysis on global policies, business and markets (www.iht.com). FC introduced a Weekend edition in tabl
oid format from all the five centres of publication from September 10, 2011. FC launched its Delhi edition on 14 April, 2009 well within the target of five-city launch in its first year of existence.
Financial Chronicle also launched its website www.mydigitalfc.com in June, designed as India’s first business networking platform.
DCHL’s flagship print brand Deccan Chronicle is published from Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore and Thiruvanthapuram, besides other regional centres in the four southern states of Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala. It is the largest circulated English-language daily newspaper in the whole of South India and the fourth largest English daily in India. DCHL also publishes The Asian Age, an upmarket English language daily printed simultaneously from New Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata.
A Brand that delivers WEALTH to its readers.
To be associated with ASPIRATION & PROSPERITY
FC – The Concept
Financial Chronicle (FC) is the flagship of a proposed multi-brand platform in the business journalism space from Deccan Chronicle Holdings Ltd, focusing on the various sectors of Indian economy. It is positioned to aid high net worth individuals in taking investment decisions.
The multiple platforms of FC have been crafted to target specific audience communities to deliver information on sectors based on their economic weightage and investment flows since opening up of the Indian economy in 1991.
FC is also positioned to deliver niche/specialty information that helps cater to individual investment needs and are more focused and approachable.
FC – Our Values and Core Ideology
Qualities that reflect in the business daily:
- As a weekday business broadsheet, with a weekend tabloid, FC is essentially in the business of providing reusable business news to its readers.
- FC champions the values of free market and free thinking as opposed to market monopoly.
- FC upholds these values on the foundation of four basic principles of transaction: BUY, SELL, SAVE, SPEND
At the core of this objective FC unabashedly attempts to satiate the urge of the Indian business reader to enhance his wealth and flaunt his new found prosperity.
PHILOSOPHY OF FC- BUSINESS DAILY
- FC is designed as a business newspaper tailor-made to enhance wealth for the country’s super rich by producing a premium business product.
- The motto of FC is: LIVE RICH
- FC is positioned to focus exclusively on the several uses of money. It does not follow any fixed DESIGN format other than a basic fixed template. THE COVER is designed to SURPRISE day after day, five days a week.
- FC is crafted as a pure-play business daily to address the top million among the country’s elite, and not project itself as a mass brand all-purpose general newspaper brand.
- FC is positioned to address the affluent of intellect, money and youth.
LAYOUT AND PAGINATION
While the main broadsheet features 12 pages (two colour and 10 black and white), the four-page IHT World Business is an all-colour pullout. Besides, there is a four page (B&W) pullout of the Bombay stock market listings in easy-to-read format and categorised as per market segment.
FC also features four weekly all colour supplements: FC Invest, FC Know, FC Build and FC Roar focusing on stock market analysis and advisories, knowledge economy, real estate news and analysis, and the business of high life, respectively.
The Weekend tabloid is focused to draw the reader’s attention to specific contemporary issues with indepth anaylsisys and reviews.
Chairman of the Board: T Venkattram Reddy
Vice Chairman: T Vinayak Ravi Reddy
Vice Chairman: P K Iyer